(Deposit) Patagonia October 29 - November 10th, 2019
This workshop is currently waitlisted. Please email email@example.com to get on the waitlist.
There are a number of reasons Patagonia is near the top of my favorite shooting locations on Earth. The ever changing cloudscapes, the insanely gorgeous mountains and forests, the untouched and unspoiled frontier feel of this big place, the friendly local people, the quaint small towns and the great food. It’s a bit like stepping back in time in the American West. It’s wild and wide open. Yeah, I can’t wait to get back down there.
This is a very special workshop designed for just eight participants with two instructors. My good friend, the amazing photographer David Archer and I will be co-leading this 11-day adventure that begins in Punta Arenas, Chile and ends in El Calafate, Argentina traveling in vans along the way. We will stay on a spectacular island on Lago Pehoe inside Torres del Paine National Park, take a boat to photograph a massive glacier calving into Lago Grey, and stay in the Argentinian mountain town of El Chalten just below the famed peaks of Cerro Fitz Roy and Cerro Torre before returning to El Calafate’s Perito Merino glacier and the flight home. All lodging, food, and transportation aside from your airfare and drinks are included.
Photograph mountains, lakes, waterfalls and wildlife
Photograph newborn Guanacos
Boat trip to photograph calving glacier on Lago Grey.
November 3-6 El Chalten, Argentina
Cross border into Argentina and drive to El Chalten
Photograph Cerro Torre and Fitz Roy
Photograph mountain town of El Chalten
Photograph lakes, rivers, plains and forest around El Chalten
November 7 & 8
Hikers to grand waterfall and/or Lago Torre (overnight)
Non-hikers relax and explore El Chalten & Cerro Fitz Roy
Drive to El Calafate and photograph Perito Merino Glacier
November 10 (Travel Day)
• All ground and boat transportation during the workshop is included.
• You will need to organize a flight into Punta Arenas, Chile on October 29th and we will organize transportation from the airport to our hotel.
• You will need to organize a flight out of El Calafate, Argentina on November 10th and we will organize transportation to the airport from our hotel.
• We will have comfortable van transportation for everything in-between.
We will be staying at four hotels in Punta Arenas, Torres del Paine, El Chalten and El Calafate. I’ve booked rooms on a double occupancy rate with the exception of our island hotel in Torres del Paine which is single occupancy. If you have special needs or concerns please contact me and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
Food: All meals during the workshop are included. In my experience, Chile’s seafood is wonderful and Argentina has fantastic beef. Lamb is great throughout the region. (Alcoholic beverages will be available, but are not included.)
• Participants who reserved their position with a deposit instead of the full fee will receive an invoice for the balance remaining no later than 60-days prior to the workshop. The balance must be paid in full 45 days prior to the workshop to hold your place.
• All workshop payments are fully refundable less a 10% fee up to 45-days prior to the first day of the workshop. Any cancellation within 45-days is non-refundable.